What is Myotherapy or a Myotherapist?
Symptoms of myofascial pain can include:
- Constant deep aching
- Muscle tightness
- Tender or sore spots in the muscle
- Reduced joint mobility / stiff joints
- Numbness / periodic tingling or ‘pins and needles’ sensation
A Myotherapist will assess and treat the connective tissue (muscle, tendons, ligaments, joint capsules, tissue coverings) using mostly a direct ‘hands-on’ technique(s).
Depending upon the particular problem during the assessment, the Myotherapist may use a combination of the following techniques or treatments:
- Deep tissue massage
- Trigger point dry needling
- Thermal therapies (heat & cold)
- Electromechanical stimulation (TENs)
- Myofascial stretching
- Corrective & rehabilitative exercises
Each Myotherapist sessions will typically last one hour. During the session the Myotherapist will analyse your condition in detail and also advise of any maintenance treatments to do at home.
How can Myotherapy help?
As Myotherapists we treat the cause as well as the symptoms of a wide range of muscle and soft tissue conditions.
- Relieve of spasm, cramps and muscular tension
- Knots in muscles that cause local and referred pain
- Supports healing by stretching soft tissue and increasing blood flow
- Increases range of movement and joint flexibility
- Decreases healing time in injuries
- Heightens and strengthens muscular function by increasing the performance of muscles.
How do I know when to see a Myotherapist?
- If you have pain that lasts longer than a few days
- If you have restricted movement
- If you are in the rehabilitative phase of an injury
- If you show symptoms of pain related to stress or strain
- If you suffer from chronic conditions that are affecting your mobility
Our Myotherapy Clinic is conveniently located in Ivanhoe providing quality care to those in Ivanhoe and surrounding suburbs of Preston, Thornbury, Northcote, Brunswick West, Heidelberg, Reservoir, Coburg, Clifton Hill and more.
Come in and chat to our friendly Myotherapist Ivanhoe team to see how we can help you today.
Call 9484 9185 to book Myotherapist in Ivanhoe today or click here to book online now!
NEED AN APPOINTMENT?
You can book now using our online booking system.
Monday : 9am – 9pm
Tuesday : 9am – 9pm
Wednesday : 7.15am – 9pm
Thursday : 7.15am – 9pm
Friday : 7am – 9pm
Saturday : 7.30am – 6pm
Sunday : 9am – 6pm